If you're reading this page, you may be asking yourself "Why should I pay an attorney when I can just find free forms online...?"
BARILARI & WILLIAMS, LLP | PASADENA & LONG BEACH, CA
The answer is simple. Estate planning is more than just a will or a trust. There are legal pitfalls inherent in wills and trusts that can lead to unintended consequences. At Barilari & Williams, LLP, we help you plan your estate with the following objectives in mind:
- To create your estate plan in a holistic manner under current law;
- To preserve your existing estate by including prudent protections;
- To optimize the use of your estate during life as you see fit;
- To plan for decision making for your family, health, and property if you become disabled or incapacitated;
- To transfer property to your loved ones or third-parties as you see fit during life; and
- To make clear your wishes for your family, including the care of minor children, and for the transfer of the balance of your estate once you're gone.
Did you notice that only one of these objectives deals with the disposition of assets upon death? That's right, a well-planned estate is there to help you throughout your life.